Save the date: EmacsConf 2019 is happening on November 2, 2019.
EmacsConf is the conference about the joy of Emacs, Emacs Lisp, and memorizing key sequences.
We are happy to announce the official EmacsConf 2019 Zurich (CH) satellite! For the satellite, there will be a physical venue where we will gather, watch remote and hold live talks whilst enjoying good discussions as well as food.
The Zurich satellite will be free (as in beer) for guests. Venue and food will be provided by 200ok llc (200ok.ch) whose founders are very happy Emacs users.
The planning for the main conference is not finished, yet, but we do have a tentative schedule for the Zurich venue:
- 9AM EDT/2PM CET (local time): The conference starts
- The main conference will start with a keynote and commence with talks.
- The Zurich satellite will be watching the main conference.
- Speakers of the main conference who are physically located at the Zurich satellite will give their talks in front of a live audience and will have their talks also streamed for the online audience.
6PM CET: Dinner break
- 6:45PM: Live talks at Zurich satellite
- For this slot, the Zurich satellite deviates from the main track. EmacsConf had over 30 great submissions, but the main track can only feature that many talks. During this slot, the Zurich satellite will feature a selection of additional live talks.
- 9PM: End of live talks
- For the locals, it will be getting late. Therefore, the Zurich satellite will switch back to watching the talks from the main track and enjoy the EmacsConf goodness until the very end of the conference.
11PM: Estimated end of conference
The schedule is subject to change and might slightly change alongside the lineup of the main conference.
The Zurich satellite venue has a maximum capacity of 30 people. We will open the registration for guests right away, but will limit the registrations to 20 people. 10 spots will be reserved for potential speakers who want to come to Zurich and hold their talk in front of a live audience. We kindly ask you, the speakers, to RSVP until October 10th for a spot at the Zurich satellite. After that, we'll open the remaining seats for guests and speakers alike.
We are very much looking forward to EmacsConf 2019 - to meeting great people, having interesting discussions and sharing all things Emacs and Lisp \\(^_^)/
Some early pictures of the venue: